As a Construction Materials Senior Project Manager, you have strong leadership skills as well as a great eye for detail. You are heavily skilled both out in the field and working with clients. Leading your team by example is second nature to you – through excellent assessments, studies, and reports. You have a passion for all things construction materials testing – reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, soil testing, masonry, and structural steel. You are extremely hard working and strive to ensure that your team delivers the best quality. You get the “big” picture and want to contribute accordingly – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
- Managing CMT services
- Managing budget proposals and invoices
- Reviewing field and concrete break reports daily
- Taking the lead in business development and marketing
- Overseeing project managers and technicians
- Mentoring and managing junior and senior field and laboratory staff
- Working on CMT field and laboratory projects in the local market
- Attending local business development events
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university; MS in Civil Engineering preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in Construction Materials Consulting
- Advanced certifications and/or Professional Engineer (PE) registration would go a long way
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 72 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, 2019) and is honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic’s Design Firm of the Year (2018). To learn more about us, click here.
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click here to see how we show our passion for our people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.