As a Construction Materials Staff Project Manager, you are a natural leader with a strong work ethic. Although you do not have much past experience in CMT consulting, you are able to quickly learn the ropes. You do, however, have experience in testing of soils, foundation, reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing, and asphalt pavement – which is what drew you to this field. You have great communication skills and are easily able to interact with your team and clients. You also have a “can do” attitude and are ready to take on any project thrown your way – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you excel in:
- Classifying soils and assigning lab testing
- Reviewing field and concrete break reports daily
- Monitoring project process, performance, and budgetary conditions
- Attending project site meetings
- Assisting with the resolution of technical and administrative problems
- Preparing and reviewing cost estimate proposals
- Marketing including daily on-going client interaction and development of a client database
- Ability to interact with other staff members on various geotechnical projects
- Preparing and reviewing invoicing
- BS in engineering, construction management, or related field
- 1 – 3 years of related experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) license would go a long way
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 72 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, 2019) and is honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic’s Design Firm of the Year (2018). To learn more about us, click here.
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click here to see how we show our passion for our people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.