Manages staff performing field and laboratory testing and reporting for all soils, reinforced concrete, masonry block, and structural steel in accordance with approved plans and specifications. Oversee/peer-review all lab work performed by laboratory technicians. Must be completely familiar with all procedures and test methods. Responsible for reviewing fieldwork and test results and routing to proper management for approval and/or peer review. Responsible for client and project management for assigned projects and quality control of work performed for internal project managers. Role includes the preparation of proposals and business development with the assistance of supporting staff.
- Oversee laboratory managers and field technicians in two laboratories.
- Ability to refer, interpret, and implement ASTM, CBC, Caltrans, and ASHTO code and procedures as needed for specific projects.
- Oversee CCRL requirements to maintain current approved standards, and DSA requirements to maintain LEA certification for the assigned lab.
- Review and report routine test results for grading observations, compaction, concrete, and other miscellaneous testing reports as needed.
- Review and approve timesheets and submit all documentation needed for billing review processing. Follow all site safety plans in accordance with Condor's IIPP and Core Values.
- Perform project management and preparing fee estimates for proposals and bids.
- Accountability Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills.
- Reliability Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Self-Motivated Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude Ability to relate to topics that require an understanding or specialized knowledge.
- Time Management Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Three or more years of industry-related work experience in a similar capacity.
- Current nuclear density gauge safety and ACI Testing Certificate required or equivalent experience.
- Civil engineering registration desired, but not required.
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES (Examples below)
- This position will require the ability to sit at a desk working four to eight hours with appropriate rest and meal breaks.
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Able to climb ladders attached to storage tanks, stairs, and commercial ladders.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), (Protective clothing, possibly a respirator, etc.).
- Ability to monitor a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to travel 30-50% throughout the markets we serve (primarily Northern California).