Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking aConstruction Observer to support our Water & Land Site Development team in our Las Cruces, NM office.This individual will plan and coordinate all field inspection activities and review the work of inspectors to ensure compliance with job specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares summary reports
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve methods
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- Reviews work progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications
- Examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and approves installation
- Assist resident engineers in completion of construction work in accordance with design
- Reviews daily log of construction and inspection activities and compares progress reports
- Interprets blueprints and specifications for Contractor and discusses deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction
- Computes monthly estimates of work completed and approves payment for contractors
- Prepares sketches of construction installations that deviate from blueprints and reports such changes for incorporation on master blueprints
- Capable of handling large projects of moderate complexity
- Has capability to monitor several types of work activity
- 10 or more years of inspection experience with some technical training or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science or related field