Whiteriver Construction (WRC) is a great place to work! We are a team oriented company that rewards employees for outstanding performance and contributions. Our employees have the opportunity to work at an industry leading firm as recognized by Forbes Magazine in their February 2011 edition as well as work in the beautiful White Mountains of Northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains offers an abundance of natural beauty, history, culture, adventure, and recreational opportunities as well as a wonderful lifestyle.
About Whiteriver Construction:
WRC is a general contractor in Lakeside, AZ that provides construction management and design/build services for public (Federal, State, and Tribal), and private clients in the Southwest. We have had the opportunity to work on and successfully complete "landmark" projects including two projects at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the world famous Monument Valley Visitor Center, and the Theodore Roosevelt School Renovation at Fort Apache, a historical site rich in history and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are one of the top construction companies in the Southwest as featured in Forbes Magazine in 2011 and consistently ranked as one of the largest contractors in the southwest by ENR Magazine. We were also proudly selected as being one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000 List) in 2008, 2009, 2010, and again in 2017.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking an experienced Operation Manager to join our team!
- Responsible for managing day to day organization operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Overseeing marketing and working to build strategic alliances with key individuals to strengthen company (i.e. customers, suppliers, future employees and other key groups).
- Reviewing bid opportunities daily and deciding in consultation with General Manger which projects to pursue.
- Attending pre-bid and pre-submittal conferences
- Overseeing the preparation of RFP/RFQ solicitations when they are performance based requiring management plans, team qualifications, company qualifications, QC plans, performance history, company background, ability to demonstrate budget and schedule compliance, etc…
- Overseeing Estimating to include reading/reviewing bidding documents, specifications and plans and subcontractor quotes when bidding jobs to ensure accuracy in the estimate/bid process.
- Overseeing Project Management and the management of our construction projects to include assisting our Project Managers with any construction related issues (i.e. change orders, scheduling issues, subcontractor issues, etc.…).
- Attending project meetings with owner and architect to ensure project are running smoothly.
- Responsible for hiring staff as needed including Estimators, Project Managers, Superintendents, and office staff.
- Ten (10) years minimum experience successfully managing a public works (Federal, State, Tribal) commercial general contracting firm. Private Sector work experience would be a plus but not required.
- Strong computer skills including scheduling software and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, coordination of people and resources, project management, estimating, accounting, human resources, administration, bidding & marketing.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, highways and roads.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiations.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective business operations, leadership, and management.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Three (3) Weeks Paid Vacation
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Company Vehicle, Cell Phone, Credit Card, Computer
- Annual bonus based on profitability