Construction Pipe Layer
Contractors turn to Ace Avant for the coveted combination of quality, service, safety and innovation. Our position as a leader in the industry has been earned with a strong work ethic, dedication to quality, and thoughtful innovation. Our experienced employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work and our team.
We are currently looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals join our team. We provide a fun work atmosphere, with a team-oriented, positive attitude. Join an industry leader in commercial concrete work with year-round work!
Job Duties Include:
- Configure pipe routes.
- Align pipes in pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Slide pipe into trenches.
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Correct alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- Use glue or welding equipment to ensure pipes are tightly fitted.
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Perform continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilize magnetic or radio indicators.
- Experience is preferred.
- Able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation required
- Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling and twisting are a must to perform the basic functions of the job
- Follow instructions as directed by foreman/superintendent.
- Must be able to follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Must be able to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
Our core values include Integrity, Safe happy employees, happy clients and a good bottom line. Join our team and find your new home at Ace/Avant!
Benefits & Compensation:
- HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY
- YEAR-ROUND WORK
- AGGRESSIVE WAGE INCREASES
- *AFFORDABLE HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE
- *SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
- *FREE SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
- *401K PLAN OFFERED AND MATCHED(* after eligibility periods)
Job Type: Full-time