Construction Project Controls Specialist
- The Project Controls Specialist will perform primary project controls assignments to support Project Managers. Accountable for generating reports, assisting with control activities, responding to data requests and developing/maintaining/supporting project schedules. Coordinates with Project Managers to obtain weekly and monthly schedule updates. Assist the Project Manager in providing accurate project forecasting and review of expenditures.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
- Develop resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
- Develop schedule logic and constraints, realistic activity durations and available manpower and resources.
- Assess the impact(s) of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
- Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports.
- Develop, update and maintain resource loaded project schedules
- Merge project schedule with engineering deliverables stored in the project database, with continued maintenance throughout the job.
- Develop and publish monthly deliverable curves and graphs.
- Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
- Compile summary level project reports for management.
- Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
- Assist in developing projections for projects.
- Create and present client billings
- Invoice approval
- Bachelor s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
- At least 3 years construction scheduling experience, and over 5 years of experience in the construction industry
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
- Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
- Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera (P6), and other company-specific software
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
Generous 401K Match
Life Insurance (Spouse & Children)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Accounts
Paid Time Off
Strobel Energy Group is a dynamic, privately owned firm based in Clarks, Nebraska that has built a strong reputation providing mid-stream energy infrastructure engineering, procurement, construction and operations specializing in liquid energy rail, truck and pipeline infrastructure facilities. Strobel empowers its employees to engage with customers, become a project team member to contribute to developing solutions and execute on projects. It is a rewarding environment that acknowledges and rewards excellence. Safely servicing the Energy Sector since 1986, Strobel teams with US crude producers and refiners to build and operate the infrastructure to facilitate rail and truck movements of products across North America.
Strobel Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.