Enviroplex, a subsidiary of McGrath RentCorp, is the premier supplier of permanent modular buildings in California. Steel framed modular structures are proving to be the most durable, reliable and cost effective means of adding and enhancing space for schools, colleges, municipalities and public works projects around the state.
1. Estimates material and labor costs for manufacturing projects in response to request for proposals.
2. Collects and analyzes all project costs including raw materials, labor, equipment, custom items and subcontractors.
3. Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure cost models capture the full range of potential costs.
4. Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
5. Requires collaboration and interface with Sales, Project Management Team, Production, CAD Team, field service crews, subcontractors, purchasing personnel and all suppliers.
6. Able to review detailed drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with specifications and drawings.
7. Read & understand bid documents & specifications. Be able to articulate important items & make recommendations for exclusions and inclusions.
8. Pro-actively identify value-engineering solutions for customers.
9. Recommends no-bid responses based on project profile and organization capability and capacity.
10. Able to properly cost out the design approval process with all parties – CAD, the State and other approving officials, the customer.
11. Able to develop pricing recommendations based on findings.
12. Weighing cost, timeline and company goals have the ability to select most optimal materials and subcontractors for the project.
13. Communicate on a technical & professional level while interfacing with contractors, architects, vendors, subcontractors, manufacturers and customers.
15. Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems to identify real-time costs needed for the business to sustain its profitability metrics.
1. Construction industry related project estimation skills.
2. Well organized, excellent customer service skills.
3. Skilled at negotiation with customers & vendors.
4. Ability to work independently & creatively with excellent time management skills.
5. Excellent business verbal/written communication skills
6. Familiarity with field concepts, practices & procedures including safety.
7. Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
8. Experience at directing the work of others to ensure project completion & success.
9. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
10. Responsible for estimates, schedules, materials, and purchase orders.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-4 years construction related experience.
2. Knowledge of the California Building Code (CBC) and Uniform Building Code (UBC).
3. Knowledge of approval agencies and process for Division of State Architect (DSA).
4. Knowledge of modular building products preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision