LEIDOS has contingent openings in multiple locations for Airport Site Lead/Project Manager(s) to provide technical, and project management support to TSA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Transportation Equipment Deployment Services (TEDS) for the Deployment and Logistics Division (DLD).
These openings encompass site lead support for site validation visits, design reviews, coordination of deliveries, installation, SAT, removals and close-out of federalized airports across the United States and its territories. These positions will support the TSA’s DLD to implement the best security technology solutions to protect the nation’s transportation systems ensuring freedom of movement for both people and commerce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management at assigned airports, including coordination, site survey/validation, design support, communication, developing statement of work bid packages, construction oversight, site/equipment layout evaluation, witness test/checkout, site clean-up and restoration.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing up to 5 projects at various life cycle stages concurrently.
• The candidate may be required to guide or direct the daily activities for geographically assigned teams ranging in size from 2-10 consisting of site technicians, including subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and/or local general contractors.
• The candidate will be responsible for facilitating communications and coordination between TSA HQ, local TSA, airport stakeholders, operations management, General Subcontractors, other TSA Vendors, airport authority representatives and state/ local government officials.
• The candidate will exercise expert judgment and assess project, construction, and equipment installation best practices to conduct requirements analysis; review design drawings, specifications, and deliverables; support network connectivity construction, installation, and acceptance testing; and oversee site clean-up and remediation.
• The candidate will successfully monitor the project schedule and keep the team appraised of any possible delays or modified plans to avoid any unnecessary costs to the customer.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy and initiative to easily adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
• Physical work locations may vary depending on the assigned airports and the deployment schedule. This position requires up to 75%+ travel to airport locations as assigned. Some work may require non-standard work shifts (during evening or weekends) to accommodate TSA requirements for minimal disruption to airport operations.
• Develop agendas and lead conference call meetings including ad hoc (periodic as requested by TSA or Leidos), weekly, integrated project team (IPT), and installation readiness (so called Go / no go”) meetings.
• Be well organized, take meeting minutes and disseminate to the team as required.
• Be able to multi-task in a fast paced, exciting environment.
• Be very responsive to Leidos, TSA and other stakeholders request for information, schedule updates, status reporting and forward planning.
• Be proactive and look forward in time to be fully prepared for future activities.
• Punctuality is mandatory; always be on-time or ahead of schedule as the site lead is typically the lead for various elements of their projects.
• Airport Category II-IV – Requires a BA degree and 2 – 5 years of prior relevant experience. At least 2 years of Project Management (preferably construction management)
• Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (preferably construction management) with on-time, on-budget projects, taking into consideration complexities and schedule history for comparable projects.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a single project.
• Experience in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects.
• Management experience on work performed by field staff and subcontracting firms.
• Experience in resolving compliance issues with federal, state and local authorities on design specifications.
• Thorough understanding of airport construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• B.S. Degree in a technical field such as Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is desired.
• Professional certifications (i.e., Licensed PE, PMI® PMP, or General Contractor License is a plus).
• Knowledgeable of MS Project or other scheduling tools.
• Demonstrative ability to effectively work with, coordinate/make assignments, and manage multi-disciplined teams of technical and project management professionals and interact as the liaison with the customer and stakeholders.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0