The Project Manager will lead pre-construction efforts and also manage General Contractor, Construction Management, and Design Build project work from bid preparation through final closeout and acceptance by client.
Our client is an established Minnesota based general contractor with a pipeline of commercial projects. They are consistently ranked within the Top 25 of General Contractors in Minnesota. They are a mid-size, full service company with a progressive leadership team. The current backlog includes, retail, hospitality, K-12, retail and other commercial projects.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties
- Cost estimating and creating detailed estimates and budget break downs.
- Phasing and site logistics planning.
- Bid strategy development
- Negotiate modifications with owners, architects and subcontractors through effective contract management and thorough knowledge of contract law
- Effectively lead meetings to ensure the company's interests are protected while promoting relationship based service to our clients and designers
- Train and mentor other staff members in specific skill sets and company process.
- Solicitation of subcontractor bids and coordination of plan distribution to ensure bid coverage.
- College degree in design, engineering, architecture, or construction management or a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Prolog, Viewpoint and other standard programs.
- BIM, Bluebeam, and/or other leading industry program experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills.
- Experience working on large municipal, education, hospitality, office, multi-unit or industrial projects.
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$120,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity/Profit sharing
- Vehicle allowance/company vehicle ($300/month)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 20 PTO Days
- 10 Paid Vacation Days
- 401(k) with 6% company match
$80,000.00 - $120,000.00 /year