We are seeking a reliable, experienced, and energetic individual for a Construction Project Manager position for the Connecticut region, to oversee renovation, construction and capital improvement projects for a rapidly expanding portfolio of large multi-family apartment communities.
- Oversee and direct construction and rehabilitation activities from conception to completion.
- Coordinate and direct Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Organize and manage architectural and engineering design consultants.
- Review and document work progress on a regular basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job progress and budget.
- Schedule project activities and identify the most efficient means and methods.
- Negotiate terms of agreements and draft contracts including defining scope of work.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Assist in due diligence analysis of potential acquisitions.
- Report directly to Senior Management and advise on project requirements.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
- 4+ years experience in construction management.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant rules, regulations, building codes, quality standards, building products and construction detail.
- Thorough understanding of the construction process and a well-rounded knowledge of the various trades.
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively with a team and independently to achieve project goals.
- Proven ability to evaluate scope of work to determine if written to maximize the benefit of the project and ensure the compliance and completeness of construction documents.
- Proficient computer and administrative skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and estimating/budgeting/financial skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively across diverse groups.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Must be willing to travel.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive organization with strong career growth potential. We offer a competitive salary, 401K program with match, PTO, holidays and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. If you are looking for a career and not just another job, we want to hear from you; interviews will be conducted soon! Please respond with your updated resume, salary history and contact information.