We are seeking a top notch senior level Project Manager/Estimator for a small but highly stable and successful company who provides new construction and renovation projects of various sizes for municipalities, water waste treatment plants and pumping stations throughout the States of Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.
Prepare cost estimates and provide Project Management for construction projects for water/waste-water.
This person will be responsible for assessing cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops as well as a variety of tasks associated with ensuring a project is estimated within company requirements. Will be responsible for reporting to management regarding status of project costs, anticipated areas where budget may be exceeded and setting up processes for future estimates of jobs. Will work with management and engineers on proposals and ensuring cost of materials help to achieve successful profit margins. Project Management responsibilities will involve overseeing completion of the project in a timely and cost effective manner.
- 5-7 years hands on related work experience preferably within the water/waste water construction industry along with similar estimating and/or related functions for construction.
- Project Management experience within large scale commercial, industrial, institutional or government facilities is required with a preference towards waste water or water treatment experience.
- Knowledge of conducting customer needs assessments and production processes.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management, customers and team members.
- Prior supervisory experience of a team.
- Experience working with contractors.
- Attention to detail and strong follow through; able to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with innovative problem solving and decision making abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Develop cost estimates within the required time frame.
- Review construction documents, specifications and project plans and understand scope of work to bid.
- Prepares required bid documentation.
- Collaborate with other technical resources and review similar past projects when applicable.
- Execute take offs of construction documents.
- Input take offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Project labor cost for bid.
- Prepare job schedules and durations for successful bids.
- Provides necessary follow up on awarded jobs with regard to extra work items, change orders, and credits.
- Properly retains all documents and data in support of prepared estimates.
- Informs team of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Assist in job close out; review final costs for accuracy in original bid.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Helps, supports and communicates with all company employees.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a positive attitude and “sells” the company at every opportunity.
- Overall Project Management of jobs awarded including traveling onsite to job on a regular basis to ensure work is completed as promised.
- Manage project communications with client.
Construction Project Manager