Why join us?
When you join this firm, you set yourself up to WIN! You become part of a team that is financially strong and consistently ranks among the top firms in the country because of the quality of their people and what they produce. Integrity, engineering talent, and a dedication to their customers has made them they very best in the industry.
As a Project Manager, you'll be located in their Fort Lauderdale, FL office.
- As a TOP ENR construction firm, they never laid a single person off in 2008!
- The firm is financially independent and without debt.
- Their strategy to promote from within has resulted in very enviable employee retention.
- As a 100% employee owned company, when you invest in them, they'll invest in YOU!
A day in the life...
- You’ll work on-site for very large construction projects
- You’ll be embedded into a large team of project managers, executives, engineers and superintendents.
- You’ll manage specific trades or specific subcontractor areas of the work.
- You’ll report to a more Senior Manager who will be responsible for all supervision, training and work assignments.
- You’ll work on a number of things to make the project successful including estimating, scheduling, planning, bidding, writing trade contracts, purchase orders, project controls and reporting, quality control, safety planning, accounting and analytics, billings, commissioning, testing and inspections, etc.
- You’ll take a portion of the overall project plan (developed by others) and implement a strategy to accomplish the desired goals; specifically, to organize and lead others to accomplish the same.
- You’ll have direct communication and coordination with a number of different people and organizations including the Owner, designers, subcontractors and suppliers, manufacturers, code officials, utility companies, etc.
What you'll need to win...
- A four-year Engineering degree (civil, mechanical or electrical) or Construction Management / Building Construction degree preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional soft skills (communication, problem resolution, team building, leadership, enthusiasm, etc.).
- Five (5) - fifteen (15) years of experience with an ENR top-25 firm with a mix of both preconstruction (including planning, estimating, value engineering, design review, constructability studies, procurement, etc.) and construction experience (including planning, scheduling, contracting, cost control, safety, and quality control).
- Large commercial experience utilizing CM At-Risk and/or Design-Build delivery models.
- A willingness to move to the location of a project site in the continental US for a temporary assignment (12 – 24 months initially) and then be relocated to one of the company’s established offices afterwards.
- A commitment to honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- A stable employment history, can pass a background check and a drug screening for assignment.
- A big-picture outlook to invest, grow and develop long term with a stable company.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys excellence and teamwork.
Are you up for the challenge? We want to hear from you.