Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Due to continued growth in our organization, Dematic Corporation is hiring a Construction project manager in Grand Rapids, MI or New Jersey. We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Assists with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and assure equipment is installed to Dematic Standards. Provides assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other material handling equipment.
- Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customer on project issues.
- Quoting projects, including a pricing review meeting, justifying installation costs, and choosing subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing.
- Prepare quote packages that include a transmittal letter, drawings, equipment list, customer criteria, scope of work, general overview, and the schedule for the project.
- Attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
- Make site visits occasionally to help with commissioning if needed and enforce safety and quality standards.
- Responsible for completion of equipment run-in and reporting readiness of segments for commissioning via signed Installation Pre-commissioning Documents.
- Ordering all consumables, air piping supplies, equipment rentals and other resources required for project execution.
- Attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process.
- Forecast monthly installation costs, and update the installation management tool and PMC tool
- Promote job site safety and a clean and productive work environment.
- Team attitude; cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
The ideal candidate for this position has at least three years of superintendent, facilities supervision, or construction supervision experience working on projects in the $100,000 to $3M range. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. He or she has the appropriate math skills (calculations, geometry, etc.), follows and enforces established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment. In addition, he or she has strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills. Good time management skills, professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Potential incentive bonuses based on annual company and personal performance
- Health Insurance available
- Paid Holidays and vacation
Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting mechanical equipment. Successful candidates must have some working experience with material handling equipment. Service experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors is highly prized, but not required.
Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 50% of the time traveling. Overtime included, travel home provided per month.
Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers for word processing, data base functions and communications. Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.