Urban Genesis a privately held and growing multi-family developer and builder is seeking a Multifamily Construction Project Manager for our exciting new projects in the Houston, TX market.
The ideal candidate will oversee pre-construction and construction for the pipeline of Multi-family product; class A garden, podium/wrap and high-density product. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of recent experience and must coordinate, develop and direct all activities vital to completing timely and profitable projects.
- Drive, develop, and cultivate relationships with Architects, Engineers, Sub- Contractors, and Inspectors.
- Communicates directly with superintendent/subcontractors concerning project cost, staffing, scheduling and safety
- Assumes responsibility for estimation review, cost, schedule, and quantity and budget control.
- Procure all necessary permits and licenses.
- Bidding, budgeting and buy out of subcontractor trades.
- Negotiating and coordinating subcontractor agreements.
- Resolves contractual issues that arise with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Oversee in person the construction site and work progress.
- Will write proposals, prepare bid documents, subcontractor agreements, attend pre-bid/pre-construction meetings.
- Scheduling work of all trades and suppliers.
- Reporting for management, lenders and investors including budgets and timelines.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in multi-family construction management required.
- Must have prior experience with hi density podium or type 3A construction
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with coursework in construction, engineering or related fields.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while leading meetings, delivering reports, submittals, maintaining sub list, subcontracts, schedules, change orders, insurance, material procurement, logistics, closeouts, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership methodologies, while maintaining a professional environment.
- Demonstrate success overseeing garden style, podium or wrap wood frame residential construction projects, with a successful track record on multiple such projects over the last several years.
- Strong technical understanding of construction, architectural design, and engineering.
- Strong abilities with Excel and MS Project or other similar project management software.
- Must have current/recent multifamily experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license*
*Please include multifamily construction project experience in resume*
Urban Genesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an extremely competitive salary package which includes excellent base salary, Medical/Dental/Vision, 2 weeks’ vacation, sick days, 10 paid holidays per year.
UG is a drug free workplace. All candidates must undergo a drug test and background check including DMV and criminal records.
Job Type: Full-time
Construction Project Manager