Construction Project Manager
A new player in hospitality and retail construction projects requires a Project/Construction manager to oversee delivery of projects from interpretation of designs to handover stage. Working with some of the industry’s leading Tier 1, 2 and 3 builders you'll be involved in delivering various hospitality inspired sites.
This is a pretty varied role, and potentially really interesting work to be delivering. You'll have multiple projects under management at any one time, and each project is going to have its differences (no cookie cutter approach). The projects are technical and bespoke.
Our client is a large Australian hospitality firm and is looking to expand and build over 500 sites throughout America in the next three years, starting with California. The role will have potential to oversee all American operations, starting with individual sites in Los Angeles.
You'll be responsible for creation of scopes from designs, stakeholder liaison from Head contractor to contractors, QA, WHS and reporting on progress on projects. A background in shopfitting and general contracting or similar is a must.
You will be responsible for building your own teams and managing them.
Sites include and fluctuate from 6,000sq ft to over 45,000dq ft.
Sites vary from inside shopping malls and precincts to large, ground-up Large Format sites.
Must have hospitality building / shopfitting experience! Kitchen experience, HVAC, Fire, Mechanical Systems, Beer Systems, Cold Rooms and all other hospitality venue related matters, a must know-how.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing commercial construction projects.
- Responsible for licensing and correct contract methodolgy
- Responsible for the planning, financial and budgeting aspects.
- Manage and report the assigned program of work to achieve program objectives in accordance with corporate policy and contractual agreements.
- Manage and anticipate project changes, adjusting plans and activities accordingly.
- Oversee and monitor key milestones for project through regular project reviews and analysis of potential risks to ensure delivery of program objectives.
- Ensure all project deliverables are of high quality prior to handover.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to align and agree program of work and anticipate changes that may impact the program of work.
- Manager performance, compliance and expectations of resources and ensure knowledge transfer within the team.
- Education & Experience:
Proven experience in construction/project management, demonstrating a min. 10 years in a similar capacity.
- Successfully completed the management of several commercial projects.
- Proven experience managing a construction team and the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver results related to time, cost and quality.
- Strong industry knowledge including structural engineering, building design principles and the ability to identify design issues through to scope of works.
- Strong reporting and communication skills including cost control and paperwork to ensure that the project is operating efficiently, with the ability to communicate at all levels including clients, design consultants, site managers and sub-contractors.
- Ideal candidate has a tertiary background in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Proven demonstration for retain high prioritisation on the safety and welfare of all personnel that enter your site.
This is a permanent role with a steadily growing business who operate in a largely recession proof and buoyant part of the construction industry. Culturally this is a forward-thinking business who value team players. You will be rewarded with an exceptional remuneration package based on your experience and a supportive environment that will allow for greater work life balance.
Commission, Bonus, Medical Expenses