The PM will work closely with senior leadership and owners on a variety of commercial projects. This role will sit primarily in office, and visit the job site once a week.
Our client is a local General Contractor / Construction Management firm that has been in the area for over 40 years. With a strong repeat client base, projects vary throughout the commercial space including K-12, Retail, Hospitality, Higher Ed, and Medical. All local projects, no travel will be needed. A Majority of work is within the Health care / Hospital space.
- Handle all aspects of full project cycle, working closely with estimating department and superintendents
- Interpretations of architectural construction plans to do material takeoff
- Maintain construction project schedules to insure milestone deadlines are achieved throughout project lifespan
- Review and quantify construction subcontractor bids with Senior Leadership and Owner.
- Communicate frequently with Architect and update leadership of project site developments.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating with multiple subcontractors
- Order and verify material deliveries on construction site as needed with Site Superintendents.
- Responsible for the purchase of materials and subcontracts from qualified vendors and subcontractors
- Examine plans and specifications for any construction issues
- Help to maintain change order process along
- Must have at least 6 years of hands on experience in the commercial construction industry with a general contractor or construction management firm
- Hospital / health care experience is a must
- Proven experience working with a variety of commercial projects, both ground up and renovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of construction field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of construction contract language and terms.
- Preferably a degree in engineering, architecture, or construction
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Opportunity to work with one of the most well respected GC/CM's in the Pittsburgh area
- Fast track to leadership role, with directly line of communication to owners
- Build strong relationships with local clients and subcontractors in the industry
- Very competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits, and 401k plan
- Generous PTO package and paid holidays