Remote work opporutnity with up to 50% travel.The Opportunity
The Construction Project Manager has top level accountability for all construction projects (generally between 5-8 at a time), with travel to our site locations across the US and Canada of up to 50% Ultimately responsible for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of the project from the pre-design phase through completion. Responsible for establishing a positive and effective relationship with key contacts at our units and to ensure at all times, the delivery of quality of workmanship and excellence in customer service. Responsible for maintaining relationships with architects and construction managers on assigned projects.
In this role, you will manage and ensure the Construction Project Managers and administrative staff on the project are completely fullfilling all aspects of their responsibilities. Coordinate with and advise the Construction Project Managers on the establishment and maintenance of the Master Progress Schedule, incorporating dates and times for decisions, availability of design information, procurement of materials and contracts, lead times for fabrication and field installations. Provide guidance to the Construction Project Managers in the administration of the project documents, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all documents. Ensure that all projects under the positions direction are administered in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including those related to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEOC and taxes. Provide senior management with regular reports summarizing progress on the project, financial status and perceived level of satisfaction. Coordinate with senior management on the assignment of staff to specific project teams, taking into consideration staff capabilities, locations, staff training, developments, unit/architect preferences, timing and other considerations as appropriate.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- A 4 year degree in Engineering or Architecture is required, MBA a plus.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 6-8 years hands on experience in the commercial construction management field, with a minimum of 4 years experience in commercial project management.
- Experience with construction of restaurants or casinos is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to exceeding expectations in the delivery of safe, quality, cost efficient and timely service.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solutions. Ability to think on your feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information.
- Outstanding written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of contract and municipal law.
- Competency in project management and/or scheduling software such as MS Project, Suretrack, and Primavera is a plus. Must have experience using MS Office.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.