Plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints.
- Produce and oversee cost estimates and proposals for construction projects
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Perform "dirt work" and other construction activities necessary to complete oil and gas related tasks
- Assist with the process of bridge installations
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Administration of the project teams and the coordination of activities between project locations; ensuring that all decisions and activities within the various project teams support the project's objectives and priorities
- Supervise the work of laborers, carpenters, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports for presentation to stakeholders
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience
- Must have at least five (5) years' experience in estimating construction projects to include oil and gas
- Must have at least five (5) years' experience as a construction project manager oil and gas experience preferred
- Ability to prepare accurate budgets and cost estimates, knowledge of fiscal management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of construction safety protocols and standards
- Knowledge of construction accounting and budgeting proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools necessary to accomplish assigned work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, and work well under stress in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated negotiation sills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule sometimes including weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver's license
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force consistently to lift, carry push or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause worker to shout. Subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to heat and/or cold
- Some of the following conditions apply at various times, hot, cold, wet, dry, muddy, humid, windy, calm, bright, dark, noisy, dusty, poor lighting, poor ventilation, temperature variations, fog and rain
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
- TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex,sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.