Weitzman is one of the largest retail-focused commercial real estate owners and third-party service providers in Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of services including general brokerage, property management, asset management and development services. We operate exclusively in Texas’ major markets: Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Visit our website at www.weitzmangroup.com.
Weitzman is recruiting for a Construction Project Manager (Owners Representative) for our Dallas office located in the Uptown area.
The Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of retail and office construction projects in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of various sizes and scope (including new construction, renovation and repairs) from conception through final walk-through and acceptance.
- Effectively manage multiple construction projects that are in different stages of completion and locations including code compliance, project scope definition, preparation of project budgets, coordination of appropriate working documents/specifications, solicitation of bids, review and evaluation of bids, awarding of contract, construction administration and project close out based on established Company guidelines
- Work collaboratively with and maintain effective communication with property and asset management to ensure that project scope definition is clearly established and understood for all projects.
- Coordinate with the architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors as required
- Provide due diligence
- Ensure all projects are in compliance with building standards as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations as required
- Perform bid comparison and evaluation for inclusion of all scope and related costs
- Interpret construction documents and bids to determine opportunities for cost/time savings
- Once approval has been obtained, award projects, coordinate the execution of the contract documents and schedule work.
- Initiate appropriate project documents and track progress of each project as related to objectives, approved budgets and approved timelines.
- Ensure project costs are aligned with approved budgets, track expenses, approve contractor invoices and change order requests
- Implement/coordinate all required change requests, make recommendations, secure approvals, and issue change orders. Assess change request to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk
- Maintain all required project data and records, log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes and contract modifications during the construction process
- Prepare appropriate close out documents
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or construction management
- 5 years of experience working as a construction project manager for commercial properties
- Experience with retail construction projects preferable
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
- Well organized self-starter with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Detailed oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects at once while resolving specific problems
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling unexpected situations
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft office suite
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret and explain construction documents
- Must be able to work well in tight time constraints with availability for occasional overtime on short/no notice
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all team members.
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
Weitzman offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, free on-site parking, access to free onsite fitness facility and more.
Follow us on Twitter @WeitzmanGroupTX, Facebook and LinkedIn for other employment opportunities.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.