Construction Project Superintendent – Toledo, OH
For more than 40 years, The Douglas Company has been controlling risk for our clients and partners while creating environments that enhance people’s lives. We are committed to the highest level of value to our clients and our associates. We specialize in Senior Living and Multi-Family design and construction. With offices in the Midwest and Southeast, The Douglas Company builds projects throughout the eastern half of the United States. In order to build great projects, we hire great people. Our Associates take great pride in knowing that the projects we build help people live grow and heal. With rewarding projects, competitive wages, and a great workplace atmosphere, The Douglas Company is the place for you to succeed.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. This is a fast-paced job and requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Maintains and understands the significance of adherence to construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Review and understand submittals and shop drawings
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, local authorities and other employees
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office
- Promotes team communication and collaboration among all project participants
- High standards, high quality work is of utmost importance
- Structured, organized and efficient work expected of self and others
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of on-site lead Superintendent experience in the Construction Industry
- Ground-up construction experience required
- Healthcare experience preferred (Senior Living/Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living/Independent Living)
- Multi-Family experience preferred
- Strong conflict management skills and a high level of assertiveness
- Attention to detail, quality, and safety are paramount
- Ability to work with diverse project management teams
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs and ladders; walk the job-site throughout the day and negotiate work areas under construction. Employees may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Competitive salary, benefits, and financial incentives are offered. Work will include up to 100% travel.
The Douglas Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status height weigh or marital status.For more information follow us on