Immediate Opening for aConstruction Project Superintendent
Gordon Prill, Inc. is a dynamic Design-Build firm located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA with a 30-year history of successfully delivering projects. Our client base consists of established clients in the aerospace, biotech, science, technology, and university markets, requiring innovative design solutions for research, testing, manufacturing and production facilities.
The Superintendent position involves working at the construction jobsite to facilitate proper subcontractor management in execution ofindustrial, lab and high-tech construction projects, often on a fast-track basis. The work involves working with Project Managers to supervise, manage and coordinate all on-site construction activities, including scheduling, subcontractor coordination, client relations, quality assurance and enforcement of safety policies. The Superintendent will also work with other construction personnelas well as in-house design and engineering staff, the client’s EH&S representatives and city and country inspectors.
- Work with in-house Architects, Engineers, Designers and Construction Personnel on multiple sized projects from $250k to $15M.
- Facilitate, coordinate and manage all field aspects of projects:
- Preconstruction, assist in project buy-out & scheduling
- On-site Project set up & mobilization
- Scheduling – Master schedules, tracking & recovery, 3-week rolling
- Conduct regularly scheduled subcontractor coordination & safety meetings
- Jobsite Safety / Risk Mitigation / Job Hazard Analysis
- Daily Logs & maintenance of all field documents
- Maintain current & accurate as-builts
- Implement on-site QA/QC Program
- Coordinate all subcontractor trades including Owner vendors & contractors
- Coordinate Inspections / TCO / Final Occupancy
- Coordinate final acceptance / Punch list / Warranty
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with wide range of projects sized from $100k to $10M
- Understanding of construction means and methods for all CSI Divisions
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or similar discipline a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to review and comprehend bid documents, specifications and project requirements
- Must be motivated, detail oriented, responsible, punctual, and posses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in team environment yet also be able to work independently
- Must be local to SF Bay Area and familiar with local construction markets and contractors
Gordon Prill has a friendly work environment and can offer a challenging and rewarding career. We offer a great compensation and benefit package that includes:
- A competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible benefits plans
- Voluntary Portable Supplemental Insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Paid Holidays with paid year-end holiday time off
- Life insurance
Gordon Prill is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or national origin. For more information about Gordon Prill, Inc. please visit our website at http://www.gordonprill.com
For consideration, please email a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to: JobsC@gordonprill.com. Please put Superintendent in the subject line.