Since 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects approaching $300M, spanning coast to coast.
Headquartered in beautiful Carlsbad, CA, with secondary support operations for GTMO located in Jacksonville, FL we are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
We are looking for Safety Manager/Trainer candidates to join our Field Operations team at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Safety Manager/Trainer's are responsible for planning, preparing, organizing, implementing, and executing all safety administrative and performance requirements for an assigned project in accordance with contract specifications, EM-385, OSHA, RQ internal Safety Management System, and Accident Prevention Plan (APP), while fully integrating with the project team to support the safe production of quality work. This position may provide oversight to daily activities for assigned direct reports. Relocation to GTMO is required for up to one year or duration of project assignment. Current U.S. Passport required and in-depth background check must be cleared to gain access to the military base.
- A combination of equivalent work experience, training in the field, and/or Occupational Safety and Health certificate programs through the OSHA Training Institutes or other national recognized safety training organization (whether certificates or degree programs), professional certifications such as CHST, OHST, and ASP through BCSP may be qualifying.
- Five or more years applied work experience (or equivalent) in commercial construction industry required, with five or more years' experience (or equivalent) in construction safety management at the jobsite level.
- Competent person training or experience in Fall Protection, Confined Space, Electrical, Trenching/Excavation, PPE and Scaffolding required. Other related professional degrees or certificates desired and will be considered "in lieu of" competent person training.
- Five or more consecutive years of documented safety training, averaging 24 hours per year required.
- Previous experience with USACE EM385-1-1 preferred.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- Specific software literacy (Viewpoint, RMS/QCS) preferred.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 30-hour (within past 5 years) certifications required.
COMPANY PROFILE: RQC, LLC is a full service contracting and design firm that specializes in Design/Build projects for both public and private clients, with a primary focus on the Department of Defense. Our mission is "to provide our customers the best built environment while being the first choice of all stakeholders."
The firm offers a variety of services including construction, architectural design, trade services, virtual design and construction, and LEED/sustainable design management for projects ranging from $30M to over $100M. RQ's experience includes projects throughout the nation including California, Arizona, Texas, Maryland, Washington, Pennsylvania, Virginia and North Carolina. We offer an excellent work environment, very competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.