Must possess an OSHA 30 card/certification, must pass a background check
Superintendent's job is to run the day-to-day operations on the construction site, control the schedule, quality control, safety, infection control, and subcontractor coordination responsibilities. Required minimal hands-on work, driving, purchasing, and any other assignment as needed. Position will require nights and weekends when necessary. Candidate should have a high level of experience working in Government Medical Fit-Outs. Project is for renovation of 10 patient bathrooms.
- Responsible for construction project from start to finish
- Coordinates with Project Manager and owners
- Supervises the activities of everyone hired for the completion of the project
- Completes a review of all construction plans and contract scopes that are associated with the project to which he/she is assigned.
- Ensures subcontractors under his/her supervisory scope are completing their work in accordance with plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Attends and/or lead weekly subcontractor communication and safety meetings that are conducted on the jobsite.
- Prepares and submits any “Violation of Compliance Standard” safety forms to the Lead Superintendent for filing and submittal to the Corporate Office.
- Assists and/or completes Daily Report forms for submittal to the Corporate Office.
- Communicates to the Lead Superintendent the appropriate information required to maintain job schedule updates on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that all materials directly purchased are verified for compliance and completeness of order as they are received in the field.
- Reviews and processes with Lead Superintendent subcontractor/vendor pay requests and payments in accordance with the processes and time-frames as outlined by accounting.
- Coordinates material deliveries and distribution on site and in buildings.
Unit Turn-over to Management:
Ensures project completion including the punch-list, and inspections are performed according to schedule, and that all punch work is completed in a timely manner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Construction background, computer experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and other business-related software is a must.
Communication and Presentation Skills: Ability to read, write and analyze various construction-related documents including plans, contracts and schedules. Ability to communicate in English with all project personnel involved.
Leadership and Staff Development: Experience in managing a diverse workforce including subcontractors, vendors and employees. Ability to manage conflict, maintain schedules and drive business results by managing the performance of the workforce.
Most work hours are during the day; however, need someone dependable and able to work evening/night shifts/weekends
Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Able to travel
Background check required
Must pass a drug and alcohol test
Must pass a physical exam and lift at least 50 lbs