STRUCTURAL, a Structural Technologies Company, integrates technology-driven solutions with specialty contracting services to improve, protect, and enhance the existing infrastructure of owners directly, and in partnership with designers and contractors. STRUCTURAL offers a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services and is the largest concrete repair contractor in the United States, with roughly 2,500 employees working from locations nationwide and in select international markets. STRUCTURAL is the open-shop contracting division of Structural Technologies.
STRUCTURAL is growing and we are heavily recruiting for a Construction Superintendent for Post Tensioning repair projects. You will be responsible for providing high level management of our self-performing crews, as well as other field managers on concrete repair projects. Projects typically consist of repairing post-tensioning systems and associated concrete within previously constructed buildings. The majority of the projects you will be working on are located in the greater Washington DC region.
As a successful candidate, you will be also be responsible for:
- Working closely with Project Managers
- Participating in pre-project and pre-task planning activities then communicating to field crews
- Motivating team members to work together to accomplish tasks, coordinate work activities with other construction project activities and assign work to employees
- Ensuring crews are operating all tools and equipment in a safe, proper and productive manner
- Providing training and assistance to crews in the performance of work related tasks
- Assisting Project Managers in evaluating various production rates
- Completing all essential paperwork in a clear an accurate manner
- Providing leadership to our Safety 24/7 culture
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting position based in our large Operations division:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in general construction with at least 5 of those years in a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent role
- Prior experience in projects involving post-tensioning repair .
- Proven ability to supervise crews of 10+ technicians / laborers
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and execute to construction drawings and contract specifications
- Established dedication to safety and ability to display adherence to Structural’s operating principles
- Proven experience to produce look-ahead schedules and work with other construction documents as required by the project
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the customer, crew and project teams
- Intermediate computer skills and construction math skills
Our ideal Superintendent candidate is an innovative but decisive field manager who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships. EOE/M/F/D/V