[ Construction Superintendent ]
ANNUAL SALARY: [ $55k - $65k ]
Summary of Position:
The Superintendent is the company’s representative assigned the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so it is safe, within budget, on schedule, in compliance with the company’s quality standards and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintain safety standards – monitor safety planning, execution and documentation on assigned project.
- Manage project planning – develop and execute the pre-Construction plan. Determine the construction techniques to be used to construct the project.
- Develop and maintain the Site Utilization Plan.
- Manage and develop assistant superintendents; orientate new personnel to the company and project.
- Review equipment requirements with the project manager.
- Review monthly sub pay apps to ensure progress in line with actual work installed.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors. Conduct Weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings with all onsite or soon to be onsite subcontractor supervision.
- Expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Identify and resolve construction problems as they develop. Keep the project on schedule.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records.
- Plan, staff and manage self-performance activities.
- Review weekly labor reports and monthly total job cost reports carefully to determine areas needing special attention, and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Manage the Quality Control Program.
- Comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, sos, weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the “two week look-aheads” and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly jobsite.
- Mitigate all potential subcontractor change orders and back-charges that may affect project profitability and document them to the extent required.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Strives to satisfy the customer, subcontractor, vendor and company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- Three (3) years of superintendent experience [ Residential construction experience preferred ]
- Experience in Scheduling, Field Supervision, Quality Control and Production of all phases of construction