Oakwood Construction Company, a Michigan corporation, was incorporated in May 1991. Oakwood Construction Company was established to provide outstanding development and construction services for multiple dwelling apartment complexes in locations across the United States. It provides overall construction services including the preparation of construction budgets, negotiations with and selection of subcontractors, preparation and approval of all contracts, supervision and coordination of the ongoing construction, and preparation of draw requests. Oakwood’s efficient and highly motivated and qualified group of professionals, with prior experience in the construction of all types of housing, produces apartment projects within strict time and budget constraints. Current Oakwood projects include the 409 on Nine, and Andy's Place Apartments.
Oakwood Construction also has extensive experience in developing and constructing projects financed by The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). Oakwood is knowledgeable of the Davis Bacon Prevailing Wage Requirements and has successfully complied with strict Equal Opportunity Employment Plans.
Oakwood Construction is currently looking to hire a full-time Site Supervisor , for projects in Michigan and out-of-state. Construction experience preferred. Must have good oral and written communication and leadership skills in order to establish working relationship with other managers, owners, contractors, designers and craft workers. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- arrange and schedule daily, monthly construction activity
- project timely deliveries and installation to meet project schedule
- verify construction is preceding per plans and specs
- coordinate activities between trades
- attend progress meetings – between owners/architects
- organize and run weekly trade contractor meetings
- liaison between Oakwood, architect, and owner
- initiate RFI’s (request for information)
- assist in bidding process, collecting prices
- minor, hands-on construction work
- ensure all company, client and project policies/procedures are adhered to as specified
- accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority