Knight Broadband is a premier telecommunications contractor for Charter Communications (Spectrum) and Comcast (Xfinity). As a leading telecommunications force in the southeast, the company is responsible for large scale installations of CATV aerial and underground infrastructure as well as installation of residential/commercial cable, internet and phone.
Requirements for Employment as a Construction Supervisor:
- Pass a background check and drug test
Opportunities as a Construction Supervisor:
- Chances for advancement
- Health, dental, vision, and long/short term disability
- PTO and statutory holidays
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Confer with Project Manager, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of Telecommunications Plant.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Since 1982, we have built a time proven track record of delivering unrivaled value, support, and expertise to our customers in everything we do. Join us and help bring services to life to our customers!