National: Candidates for this position may be located anywhere within the United States.
The Consultant will be responsible for supporting the Principal Consultant role within Ricoh. This person will assist in the development, analysis, and recommendations of tactical and strategic initiatives to optimize company performance and reduce costs. The Consultant will work closely with the Business Analyst and Principal Consultants to analyze existing processes, procedures and methods to ensure effective business operations. This role will involve working within cross-functional teams that are comprised of individuals from various levels within Ricoh, the customer organization and third party business partners. This is a cross-functional role and will support all practice groups within the Ricoh Consulting Services organization (Security & Compliance, Mobility, Organizational Change Management and Business Process Automation).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies documents, analyzes and designs business processes
- Supports the implementation of process improvement redesign initiatives
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes
- Collects data to identify root cause of problems
- Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls through data trending and analysis
- Develops metrics and analyses data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Supports phases of process analysis and design established by the Principal Consultant
- Uses business knowledge, process analysis and consulting skills to understand customer environment
- Interprets customer needs and requirements, translate concepts into practice, identify process improvement opportunities, and quantify results and trends.
- Assists in strategic planning process throughout organization, including monitoring and executing strategic initiatives, performing benchmark and optimization analysis and solving problems associated with data gathering and analysis
- Create draft findings and recommendations from the analysis for project team review
- Conducts primary and secondary research to identify industry best practices
- Performs cost and benefit analyses and recommendations
- Assists in the delivery of the customer findings and recommendations presentations
- Communicates team progress through regular status updates, executive summaries and team presentations
- Adheres to defined deliverable formats using tools including Visio, MS Project, Excel and other desktop products as required
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5-8 years business process analysis and/or consulting experience
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology or similar analytical methodologies, to implement measurable business process improvements
- This position requires 50-75% travel
- Document or Information Industry or Specific Practice Group Expertise
- Key Industry experience a plus: Insurance, Banking, Pharmaceuticals, Energy, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Legal
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.