PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
Pharmacy Consultant performing medication regimen reviews to include review and interpretation of information contained in resident medical records, including physician orders, prescriber and nursing progress notes, medication administration records and lab information. Provide consultation relevant to medication related questions and concerns, recommend cost effective appropriate therapies.
- Works with Director of Nursing (DON), physician, Medical Director in performing medication regimen reviews to make specific recommendations that will improve patient outcomes in a cost effective and clinically prudent manner.
- Provides clinical expertise by responding to medication-related questions and concerns initiated by DONs, Administrators, and facility nursing and medical staff.
- Works with Nursing Home Administrator, DON and Nursing Staff to review facility practices to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards for the specific long-term care or other practice setting.
- Acts as liaison between PharMerica and facilities to maintain good business relationships and resolve problems in a prompt manner to retain facilities and acquire new business.
- Works with facility Nursing Staff in providing In-Service Training and education on a variety of medication-related topics.
- Works with facility to ensure resident database is complete and provides management monthly reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works with DON, physician, Medical Director and to make clinically appropriate therapeutic interchange and other recommendations resulting in enhanced therapeutic outcomes for the patient and cost containment for facility and PharMerica.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of current clinical pharmacy practice and CMS regulations.
- Must be able to drive to facilities daily, up to 100% travel is required with occasional overnight stays.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or Pharm. D from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- 0-1 year in a retail, mail-order, or institutional pharmacy environment.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations governing the long-term care setting in addition to current pharmacy practice standards and laws
- Licenses/Certifications: Active registered pharmacist licensure in the state(s) of practice. Driver’s license.
- Detail orientation, technical competence, analytical ability, planning/organizing, oral communication, consultative, customer service and teamwork.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!