Masonic Village at Elizabethtownis hiring a Consultant Pharmacistwho lives in the greater Philadelphia area.This is a PartTime Daywith benefits opportunity.
At Masonic Villages of Pennsylvania, our mission is simple; it is a Mission of Love. Our caring communities and services assist individuals, families, and children in realizing their potential and enjoying the highest possible quality of life through the traditions of Freemasonry.
Why Choose Masonic Villages:
For over 146 years, we've been living out our mission of caring for people and enriching the lives of others. To do this successfully, we need a team of individuals who are:
- Committed to providing heartfelt customer service
- Talented, and seeking ongoing professional growth & enrichment
- Innovative and accepting of change
- Invested in contributing to our team environment.
Recognizing our employees as our strongest asset, we value each unique person for their strength, contribution, and heart. We offer an intuitive benefits package, including some of the best compensation in our industry, because we know when our team is healthy, fulfilled, and able to pursue their dreams, they are empowered to make dreams come true every day for our residents.
What You'll Do:
As a Consultant Pharmacist, you will carry out our Mission of Love by overseeingthe overall clinical operations of the Pharmacy and the management of clinical services to nursing facility clients. Our Consultant Pharmacist are responsible for the following:
- Perform monthly drug regimen review or as agreed upon with the facility and pharmacy contract.
- Monthly written report of findings with copies to facility Administrator, Director of Nursing, Medical Director and Pharmacy.
- Effective communication with internal pharmacist and technical staff.
- Obtain continuing education appropriate to pharmacy practice setting.
- Prepare quarterly reports as required by the facility.
- Supervise field technician as needed.
- Serve on committees as designated by the facility, included by not limited to, QAPI, Antibiotic Stewardship, Pharmacy and Therapeutic.
- Have knowledge and understanding of consultant pharmacist software, RXpertise.
- Plan and present in-service education for nursing facilities as requested.
- Review pharmacy policy and procedure at least yearly at each facility.
- Participate in development of emergency drug supply kits at each nursing facility with Director of Nursing.
- Have an understanding of IV policy and procedure manual.
What You Definitely Have:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Supervisory experience required with 2-3 years in a geriatric pharmacy setting.
- Licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of pharmacy / clinical software packages (preferred).
- Long term care pharmacy experience, which includes experience with third party billing, PACE and Medical Assistance programs (preferred).
Learn more about working at Masonic Villages of PA at our careers page:http://masonicvillages.org/careers/0