Location: Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608 / Mental Health
Shift: Varies (Part-Time, up to 520 hours annually)
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org. When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Under the direct supervision of the Divisional Chief of Correctional Psychiatry, the Consultant Physician of Correctional psychiatry is responsible for supporting mental health care to patient on the Mental Health System (MHS) caseload at assigned clinical areas on evenings and weekends.
- Reports to the Division Chief of Correctional Psychiatry
- Must possess a Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic (D.O.) degree from an accredited medical college or university,required.
- Must possess a valid License as a physician in the State of Illinois,required.
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in the practice of Psychiatry,required.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Controlled Substances license,required.
- Must possess a valid licensure with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA),required.
- Experience working with underserved, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities) co-occuring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems
- Experience in correctional setting
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing.Please note:If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date.Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER