Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Nutanix Services and Customer Solutions (S&CS) primary goal is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The Cloud Consulting Architect will work under the Services team to create service offerings to enable our customers to deploy automation and orchestration solutions provision to multiple cloud end points (e.g. Nutanix, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc). He or she will work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and reliable solutions for clients and partners.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions
- Evangelize Nutanix’s vision for a multi-cloud world and offer hands on experience delivering these outcomes for our customers
- Run customer facing workshops to develop the Cloud requirements and design and document these for customer review and approval
- Design service catalogs for Self-Service Provisioning (SSP) leveraging the Nutanix Calm Automation and Orchestration platform to provisioning and manage mode 2 applications delivered to both private cloud and public cloud end-points
(note: Nutanix Calm experience not required and can be learned on the job)
- Design services that leverage cloud native architectures, microservices like Docker and Kubernetes, as well as IaaS and PaaS architectures
- Develop detailed blueprint specifications that developers will use to write code and develop the automation components. Integration with 3rd party software products like (Infoblox, Active Directory, Service Now, etc) via RESTAPI is integral to this work.
- Work collaboratively in a scrum agile team leveraging a variety of DevOps tools (e.g. Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, etc) as part of the CD/CI pipeline
- Work with software development teams at a hands-on level to design and write code
- Develop and test end-to-end blueprint incorporating all developer code to deliver the desired outcome
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
- Up to 70% of travel
- A minimum of 8 plus years of industry experience
- Excellent architecture expertise with in-depth understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to whiteboard solutions interactively with customers and develop robust architectural documentation
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration application stacks and frameworks (e.g. Terraforms, Lambda, Azure Pack, Azure Stack, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, VMware vCO, or Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator)
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience developing scalable cloud microservices using container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere
- Understanding of architecture and use cases for configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and SALT Stack
- Leverage DevOps tools like GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Zephyr, etc. to deliver automation and promote a DevOps culture
- Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tier applications running on both Windows and Linux
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Experience in network virtualization technologies (e.g. NSX or ACI)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.