JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. Consumer & Community banking (CCB) is one of the Firm’s six lines of business that serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. It is made up of various sub-lines of business: Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Chase Wealth Management, Card Services, Merchant Services, Auto Finance, and Home Lending.
Planning & Analysis (P&A) Overview
The P&A team is responsible for partnering within the business and across Finance teams to provide financial and strategic analysis, coordination of and analytics for budgeting and forecasting, macroeconomic scenario design and distribution, and strategic program management and execution. P&A also helps drive and improve automation, simplification of processes, and the enhancement of analytics. P&A roles primarily support the strategic analysis of our financial planning framework, in addition to partnering closely with line of business (LOB) teams and functions for core financial reporting, process improvement, ad-hoc analysis, and due diligence.
Consumer Banking (CB) P&A directly supports the CB CFO. The team provides financial analyses and perspective to senior management, which support decision-making. The team also manages traditional financial planning workstreams, such as the monthly forecast process, quarterly earnings reporting, and annual budget and capital stress testing analytics. In addition, in partnership with strategy and finance teams across the business, the CB P&A team leads the financial analytics for and consolidation of monthly business review materials for meetings with both firmwide and Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) leadership teams, as well as analyses that lead to public disclosure associated with the business’ strategy, financial performance, and industry trends for the Firm’s presentations at Investor Day and industry conferences.
The VP candidate will manage a team of five members and will be an integral member of the team, contributing to a variety of projects/workstreams as follows:
- Annual/monthly financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting processes
- Budget analytics and process, including coordinating consolidation of CB’s 3-year budget, as well as preparing materials for CB, CCB, and firmwide senior management
- Coordinate materials for CB leadership team meetings (e.g., Business Reviews) and external forums (i.e., Investor Day and industry conferences)
- Ad-hoc analytics and presentations for senior management (e.g., Leadership Offsites; Town Hall presentations; competitor analysis)
- Drive increased collaboration across finance teams within CB and the larger finance organization
- Drive change, including defining dashboard requirements
- Enhance consistency and efficiency across existing processes and reporting to meet changing needs of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, as well as experience in financial planning and analysis for Retail Financial Services, preferred
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to effectively work across senior levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and pick up new concepts quickly
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
- Experience recruiting and developing top talent
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Excel); knowledge of Essbase preferred