JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at .
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace. Through these businesses, Chase finances more than 3 million auto loan customers, manages a loan/lease portfolio of more than $80 billion, and has relationships with more than 75% of all U.S. franchised automotive dealers.The Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $1 million to $20 million in revenue.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
This Control Data Manager will be responsible for partnering with the Control Managers and the Business partners in developing MIS and automation to continuously monitor the control environment within the Chase Auto and Business Banking lines of business and CCB HR function. The role will include developing and executing the strategy to incorporate data analytic sources and tools into control evaluation for real-time assessment of the operational health of the business. This individual will work with internal functional areas as well business partners to develop robust metrics-based approach to ensure sustainable risk mitigation.
Analyze Chase Auto and Business Banking risk and control universe for trigger-based and automated monitoring opportunities
Leverage basic and complex coding techniques coupled with other technical tools to develop measureable and sustainable triggers which appropriately monitor risk
Manage data integration into control evaluation to migrate from traditional sampling methodology to automated approach for comprehensive monitoring
- Generally 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or related field
- Masters or PhD in a related field, or Bachelors with 5+ years' experience in a related discipline
- Has specialized business knowledge and skill sets
- Advanced knowledge of analytical software packages, including SAS, Python and R
- Expert at navigating a broad range of databases and source systems
- Comfortable communicating complex concepts into digestible information to be consumed by audiences of varying levels in the organization
- Experience and demonstrated ability to adhere to and improve upon rigorous processes and controls
- Strong history of successful design and execution of analysis in a similar industry or functional capacity
Experience developing and managing analysts, analytical and/or operational processes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects and teams across business functions