The Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) Regulatory Relations team at JPMorgan Chase manages the regulatory supervisory activity and regulatory relationship for the CCB Lines of Business (LOB). Included in these LOBs are Chase Auto, Card Services, Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Chase Merchant Services, and Home Lending, as well as cross-LOB functions. In this role, the candidate will manage Regulatory exams and ongoing supervision activities, have exposure to senior executives within the firm, interact with the business and various regulators, and engage in high priority firm deliverables.
· Oversee and assist in executing the end-to-end process for CCB regulatory engagements, including reviewing examination requests, advising internal stakeholders, and managing submissions to the OCC, CFPB and Federal Reserve Board.
· Manage CCB regulatory interactions.
· Prepare CCB LOB senior executives and other personnel for regulatory interactions, including examinations, and leading meetings involving CCB LOB personnel and regulators.
· Identify and escalate potential regulatory risks.
· Oversee and complete periodic and other reporting.
· Build and maintain trusted relationships with senior executives and external bank regulatory supervision staff.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years’ experience at a large financial institution performing legal, regulatory supervision / exam management, or regulatory enforcement functions.
· Experience in the financial services industry is required.
· Familiarity with consumer financial products and legal compliance requirements is preferred.
· J.D preferred, but not required.
· B.A. or similar degree from a top-tier institution.
· The candidate must demonstrate judgment, patience and ability to closely partner with and advise senior and line managers and other stakeholders on regulatory interactions.
· The candidate must be highly analytical with experience in analyzing and synthesizing information on various subjects.
· Ability to identify key issues, obtain appropriate information for further analysis, and develop actionable recommendations is critical.
· Possesses excellent written and oral executive-level communications skills.
· Project management skills – the candidate should be able to manage multiple workstreams involving multiple partners and groups.