This position is located in Austin, TX within the beautiful Great Hills/Arboretum Area.
We are looking for a team member that is dedicated to enriching consumers' lending experiences while providing high quality products and services. Someone who is passionate about customer service and thrives in a fast paced, high volume environment.
The Consumer Loan Sales Specialist must be a team player with a success driven attitude. They must be goal-oriented with the drive to take their career to the next level. This position offers the opportunity to have a flexible schedule with highly incentivized earnings.
The position works with a team of sales professionals to establish and fulfill daily sales goals and related tasks. The development and production of new, repeat and referral business is required. This position has a focus on auto lending and is not responsible for generation of real estate loans. Above all the position is about building long-term relationships with consumers by providing superior service levels.
Consumer Loan Sales Specialists are responsible for:
- Promoting and maintaining positive internal and external relationships at all times.
- Maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of monthly goals, to include daily tracking and the action necessary to meet those goals.
- Maximizing loan origination volume by working all loan lists, queues and channels.
- Working incoming leads
- Making outbound solicitations
- Upselling and cross selling products and services, including, but not limited to, credit protection, GAP and VSC.
- Converting a high percentage of loan applications into closed loans.
- Increasing membership with new account openings.
- Maintaining communication with the applicant from time of initial contact through loan closing.
- Communicating with underwriting and other lending or branch personnel to ensure satisfaction of required documentation and requested stipulations to ensure efficient loan closing.
- Making contact with dealerships, other lenders, internal staff and/or members as needed to resolve pending issues in a timely manner.
- Gathering setup information to include but not limited to monthly payment, term, due date, mileage of vehicle, payoff information, and VIN.
- Making decisions regarding minor exceptions per procedures.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Proven sales ability within a highly commissioned job
- Stress tolerance
- Team work
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Above average organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple projects
- The ability to learn quickly, retain and recall information
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiation skills
- Two to five years related experience working in a dealership, loan department, or financial service industry.
- One to three years cross selling related products and/or services.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be available to work a full time schedule weekdays between 7:30am-7:00pm, and rotating Saturdays 9:00am-3:00pm.
- A commitment to offering products and services that benefit the consumer while providing personalized, knowledge based service.
UHCU has been in the community for over 60 years, providing superior, personalized service to our members. Founded in 1957, we are an Austin-based credit union with over $1 Billion in assets, 12 branches located throughout Austin and Tyler, Texas, and approximately 210 employees. Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. UHCU goes above and beyond to cultivate a culture of integrity and innovation. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit. We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!0