Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate marketer to join the Consumer Marketing team, working on Overwatch and Overwatch 2. In this role, you’ll group up with the Overwatch Development and Commercial Marketing teams to ensure product strategies and company objectives are met in all consumer-facing marketing assets. You will handle day-to-day management of external creative agency partners and help manage the approval process of all creative materials to help everyone keep the payload moving.
The right candidate is a creative thinker and strategist with the ability to think ahead, work independently, and contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business. While impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, this individual will also need to contribute at the strategic level to drive all marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners, and lead agency partners.
What You’ll Do
- Amp It Up: Assist the Consumer Marketing lead in managing Overwatch’s global marketing plans, creating a-Meiz-zing content across all consumer touchpoints, including social media, live events, trailers, visual identity, packaging, trade, media integrations, and CRM activities.
- Achieve our objectives: Champion Consumer Marketing projects directly with external agency partners to identify product creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy. This includes the day-to-day management of the external creative agency and internal creative partners to help ensure we’re operating at optimal levels.
- Push the Payload: Own and drive project management pipelines for overall schedules and deadlines and review agency estimates for services. Plus, you’ll help us manage trafficking/approvals processes and asset needs and distribution to international offices.
- Activate Focusing Beam: Lead creative briefings and attend subsequent creative reviews to provide feedback and direction.
- Rally your allies: Communicate and motivate cross-functional teams around a single strategy. Collaborate with key development team personnel on go-to-market strategies and creative asset development.
- Bring it together: Coordinate with key retail and sales personnel on trade marketing programs, retail merchandising, and sales materials. Partner with the head of operations to meet packaging deadlines, product distribution, and COGS objectives.
- Adapt to changing battlefield conditions: Able to learn new markets quickly and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitive landscapes.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of experience in brand marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
- Experience in TV, Video, Packaging, and Online Advertising required
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Proven team leader with people/agency management experience
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results-oriented, self-motivated
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- International marketing experience a plus
- Advanced degrees in Communication or related field
- Experience in the video game industry
- Experience managing a team
- Avid social media user who is always experimenting with the next social platforms and trends
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us