Job Summary: The Consumer Services Shift Coordinator provides a supporting role to the Consumer Services supervisor in assisting with Service Level achievement through the use of work force strategies and supports consumer services representatives regarding process, product, and customer issues. They are responsible for the day to day shift operations, which may also require acting within a supervisor capacity to provide day to day direction and guidance to the team, which may include distribution of work, providing coaching and feedback, as well as providing guidance on resolving escalated situations. This person is a proven subject matter expert and has a heightened awareness of Work Force strategy, and is able to effectively communicate with consumers, other partners, peers, and management. Through their knowledge of processes, procedures, and systems, they will be expected to strategically identify barriers to a seamless consumer experience, and assist in designing and implementing appropriate solutions.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Utilize knowledge of work force strategies to effectively impact day to day shift operations and service level achievement through appropriate allocation of resources.
* Act in a supervisor capacity to provide direction and guidance to the team.
* Drive team compliance of department's processes, procedures, and systems inquiries and utilize experience and knowledge to assist other representatives in their customer interactions.
* Assist in QA monitoring and feedback sessions.
* Identify, through mentoring and coaching of team members, opportunities to provide a frictionless and delightful customer experience and to drive quality interactions and resolutions, eliminating the need for multiple, unnecessary contacts, through demonstrating the appropriate form of engaging with customers through various channels, including phone/email/chat/social media.
* Identify individual training opportunities and reports to appropriate supervisor.
* Being flexible and adaptable are essential to this role. This individual understands the importance of the customer experience and the need to quickly move from task to task as the business requires.
* Identify gaps and opportunities within current processes and procedures, collaborate with appropriate partners and share thoughtful insights with leadership.
* Think critically and independently; determine the appropriate course to seek out the best answers or solutions.
* Hold themselves to a higher level of accountability and act as the utmost professional by demonstrating the use of sound judgement, perseverance, empowerment, and relationship building.
* Attendance is an essential duty of this role.
* Flexibility to work between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m EST, including weekends and holidays, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Subject matter expert capable of communicating cross functionally and assisting/mentoring peers through the appropriate adult learning principles
* Strong sense of urgency
* Ability to work independently, while possessing a high level of reasoning and decision-making ability, and follow through on commitments.
* Strong brand knowledge
* Willingness to do the right thing for the customer in order to preserve their trust in our brand
* Ability understand and advance key department objectives, as well as advocate and lead change
* Flexibility in changing priorities according to incoming work
* Accepts accountability and ownership of issues while operating with a strong sense of urgency towards resolving issues and provides resolution reporting back to leadership in a timely manner
* Knowing when to work independently and when to ask for help
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Situational Intelligence
* Challenges the status quo while offering new approaches and solutions
* A role model of professionalism, accountability, initiative, and reliability
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
* College Degree preferred, but not required
* 4-5 years of relevant experience
* Experience resolving escalated customer situations
* Work force management knowledge and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled