By clicking "Send," you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms
The Role Reporting to a Supervisor, you will join a Contact Center team that will include other Contact Center Representatives at different levels of seniority. Your mission will be to provide superior service regarding all credit union services to members verbally and in writing via telephone, e-mail and chat, in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
Calls will be diverse and, as you can see from the list below, you'll need solid knowledge of all our products and services. Calls average six to eight minutes, but you should never rush. On one call you may process a loan payment and be done fairly quickly. On the next, however, you may walk a member through the loan application process, which can be time intensive. Our Representatives handle 60 to 80 calls per shift.
More specifically, you will:
Pictured: UNIFY offers free webinars throughout the year on all things financial -- from money basics to tax strategies and more. Additionally, we partner with Experian to bring members Clue In on Credit -- free credit education and online webinars.
- Answer and resolve member inquiries or complaints regarding credit union products and services through calls, e-mails, and chats, escalating situations when required.
- Cross-sell products and services, explaining features and benefits and offering alternative products or services as appropriate.
- Process referrals through appropriate channels, based on the member's financial needs.
- Establish and maintain positive member service relationships.
- Receive and process requests including, but not limited to, disbursements, withdrawals, transfer of funds, data changes, check orders, stop payments, loan payments, and statement copies. You'll provide account information, and respond to product, operational, and policy inquiries.
- Remain up-to-date and informed on all credit union operations, products and services.
- Maintain quality and productivity levels, as established by department standards.
- Work collaboratively with others in the department to build and maintain a strong cohesive team and achieve department objectives Interface with other departments as needed to assure that member needs are met and disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and also control and protect sensitive information and material.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of audit and compliance regulations related to operations.
- Ensure full compliance with UNIFY service standards, policies, and procedures, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Contact Center Representative opportunity, you will have:
Hours vary from location to location, but at any location, we'll look to you to be flexible in your schedule. Working 2nd or 3rd shift can be a great way to free your days to attend school or pursue other life goals.
- Solid experience in financial services, call centers and/or customer service (retail, restaurants, hospitality, etc.).
- A demonstrated ability to help customers with complex inquiries and complaints.
- Technical savvy, including strong keyboarding skills and proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision, at times under very busy conditions.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A work history demonstrating stability.
- The ability and motivation to learn quickly.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred (and earns additional pay). A high school diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred.