POSITION SUMMARY: The Container Welder/ Fabricator repairs, paints and performs maintenance to containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on front, rear and roll-off containers
- Weld steel and aluminum components using MIG and ARC welding Equipment.
- Fabricates steel components using a brake and shear.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components for hoppers, containers and compactors.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired containers.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Install company and safety decals in accordance with company standard diagram on containers and roll-off boxes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Refer more complex repairs to the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certified welder.
- Advanced knowledge of mig &stick welders, plasma cutter, and airless paint Sprayers. Familiar with basic use of hand tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervisory involvement.
- Minimum of 1 year welding experience.