EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Content Integration Editor
The Content Integration Editor, under moderate supervision, copyedits and prepares content for publication for new and existing nursing & allied health point-of-care and reference products. The Content Integration Editor ensures content meets EBSCO Health’s quality standards and technical requirements.
- Performs traditional copyediting—requiring varying degrees of critical analysis, problem-solving, and independent judgement—to improve quality before online publication
- Edits according to house style guide and other style guides (e.g., AMA Manual of Style) as needed
- Prepares content for publication (e.g., metadata tagging, working within content management system, publishing on product, quality assurance)
- Assists with content maintenance and updates
- Performs quality assurance after production to correct stylistic and functional content problems across products
- Identifies and promotes more efficient methods and workflows for specific editorial efforts
- Communicates professionally with product teams and managers as needed to address issues impacting content within the nursing & allied health products
- Contributes to efforts to update documentation (e.g., copyediting and production checklists)
- Assist with other projects as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1+ year of editorial experience
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in copyediting
- Knowledge of editorial style and processes, database management, and project management
- High computer literacy skills and aptitude to learn editing/content management software and perform related skills (such as tagging and linking); experience in XML editing a plus
- Project-focused to complete tasks under moderate supervision and report on completed assignments
- Ability to apply independent thinking and analysis to complete identified assignments efficiently
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment:Developer, QA, Quality Assurance, Database, XML, Technology, Quality