Senior Content Marketing Manager
Do you have a knack for writing outstanding content and a comprehensive understanding of the impact content has on demand creation? Do you have a passion for the ins and outs of the Education industry? Are you excited about being the company’s voice across a wide variety of content? We’re looking for someone who not only loves to write, follows industry trends, and comes up with fresh ideas on the daily, but who understands the B2B/B2E customer journey and can develop and promote content that maps to business objectives and drives results.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Content Marketing Manager to lead our content marketing strategy and produce high-quality content that generates awareness, conveys the Eduphoria brand, and drives leads through the funnel. We are looking for a self-starter with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic who is passionate about producing great content. While you are an excellent writer, your project management skills and positive get-it-done attitude are a critical part of your skill-set.
This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing and works closely with other Subject Matter Experts in the Marketing, Product, Training, and Partnerships (Sales) departments. You will not only design the content strategy but ensure its delivery, as well as measure its effectiveness, paying close attention to how content performs across all marketing channels and for targeted buyer personas.
Experience with the Education industry and familiarity with the concepts and educational approaches being used in today’s public schools is highly desirable.
- Build and execute on a content roadmap to support the buyer's journey
- Develop and maintain Buyer Personas for our target markets
- Develop and maintain a rolling editorial/content calendar that supports our overall go-to-market strategy and ensure content is created and delivered on time
- Partner with product management, training, partnerships (sales), customer success, demand generation, and field marketing teams to create white papers, slide deck presentations, infographics, datasheets, case studies, web content, video scripts, etc. to drive brand awareness, support lead/demand generation goals and provide sales enablement tools
- Define overall collateral hierarchy and strategy
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop our visual language
- Own our blog strategy and expand our audience and reach through paid and organic social channels
- Lead and develop content strategies for field, product, and corporate marketing initiatives.
- Proactively identify content needs and propose creative new ways to tell the story, addressing key SEO focus areas and filling content gaps based on competitive analysis and critical review of new business/product initiatives
- Collaborate with Regional/Field and Web/Digital Marketing teams to develop activation plan across the web, event-focused media, channel media, digital media, search, and social media
- Partner with designers, freelancers, and external stakeholders on content production; write content including press releases and byline articles on behalf of our executives and other thought leaders for publication on various media channels
- Monitor and measure content engagement data and continually optimize content strategy accordingly
Skills and Personal Attributes
- VERY Helpful - Experience in the Education industry
- Required - At least 3 years of content writing for B2B or B2E
- Required - Strategic thinking; fewer processes and more big picture
- Required - Works very well with people, maintaining a positive attitude and culture
- Required - Strong written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and formal copywriting knowledge
- Helpful - Strong natural design aesthetic (graphic design not required)
- Helpful - Inclination toward visual content (webinars, videos, etc.) as well as written
- Minimal travel to Plano, TX headquarters and a few select trade shows throughout the year, overall travel less than 15%
- This position is based in Austin, TX or surrounding areas with the ability to be in the Austin office regularly as needed
Knowledge of Tools (Helpful)
- SharpSpring or HubSpot
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Ads/InMail
- Facebook Business
- Camtasia or Similar
- Zoom or Similar
We're a Texas-based company that loves making powerful, and intuitive web-based software for K-12 educators so they can focus on spending more time with their students. Eduphoria! Inc. is an industry leader in K-12 software applications and customer support. While Eduphoria is a relaxed and fun-filled environment, this can make for a busy and noisy office at times. We are always looking for opportunities for employees’ personal and professional growth, both during and beyond the scope of the day-to-day work. We believe in creating a culture where everyone is learning, teaching, and growing.