Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Content Marketing Manager with our Corporate Office.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
There’s always a place for great talent at Plaza Home Mortgage and we look for professionals that are bright, driven and have a “do-what-ever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done-right” mindset.
The primary responsibility of the Content Marketing Manager is to research, conceive, develop, deploy and measure compelling marketing content – to help drive sales and enhance the Plaza brand.
As a Content Marketing Manager, your strong marketing and copywriting skills will result in the production of a variety of marketing materials and assets – both digital and printed - and contribute to our overall demand generation and client retention goals. This role requires intellectual curiosity and intelligence, strong attention to detail, exceptional writing skills, and the ability to create high-quality content.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Plaza is taking its marketing to the next level and we are looking for the right person to help make it happen. This is an opportunity to be part of a transformation. To help shape the company’s marketing programs, to creatively outwit our competition, leverage today’s B2B (Business to Business) marketing trends, as well as finding ways to be on the forefront of what’s coming tomorrow. You’ll have the opportunity to hone and expand your marketing skills with the guidance from seasoned gurus in the mortgage marketing realm.
This role is very fast paced and high energy – and we’re not just saying that. You have to love challenges at “light speed”…and be able to manage and meet multiple deadlines without sacrificing the quality of your work. We want organized and smart self-starters, who also have a gift for unique, fresh and on-point messaging with a creative flair.
Good judgment, attention to the facts and to detail, the ability to rationalize/prioritize and a good attitude are highly necessary to succeed and excel in this role. Having a background in the mortgage or the real estate industry will help you to ramp-up quickly and be more effective in the position. We prefer the background, but it’s not a requirement if you are an eager and quick learner.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
The Plaza Marketing and Communications team is lean and mean. We create marketing programs that support our corporate objectives as well as the sales goals of our Wholesale, National Correspondent, Reverse and Renovation lending units. We also partner with Training, Human Resources, and other departments to create and execute internal messages and programs. Because we support so many teams and divisions, multi-tasking is in our blood and needs to be in yours too. We love our jobs and have fun while we do it.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Accountable for content marketing initiatives to drive new business with prospects, increase engagement with current clients and help retain current clients.
- Expert in writing copy, managing projects and developing marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates across multiple sales teams and the Client Training team to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- This role requires a brand publisher and lead generation mindset: to create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion/ROI
- Editorial requirements include basic keyword search and SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, video script creation, and production plus distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone.
- Create and manage the editorial calendar and organization workflows.
- Overseeing and drafting marketing collateral, corporate website content, and updates, including blog posts, product updates, events, etc.
- Ability to write daily social media posts, by channel and/or sales unit.
- Coordinate with Events Marketing Manager to appropriately schedule trade show email blasts, social media, listing on the corporate website, etc.
- Manage and grow our subscriber awareness and with SMEs to curate and develop content for all clients.
- Interface regularly with sales leadership, SMEs, external influencers and other industry experts to generate content ideas and help develop and refine strategy.
- Support training presentations and webinar invitations for internal and external customers.
- Work with the graphic designer, marketing and communications coordinator and marketing and communications assistant to plan and execute email blasts, social media posts, client newsletters, product and program announcements and more.
- Conceive and write advertising copy for event programs and select advertising.
- Ability to write program and product announcements, corporate capabilities and Human Resources related content.
- Collaboration in writing company crisis communications, when needed.
- Ability to work on special projects, such as leadership messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Communications, Marketing or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully producing content for digital channels; i.e. email, social media, blogs, websites, landing pages
- Previous or current mortgage banking or real estate industry experience is a plus
- Past experience building audiences and generating leads, either online or offline
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems like HubSpot or Marketo
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing work in fast-paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions, as well as be able to meet and handle deadlines
- Strong attention to quality and detail, and ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate and thorough work
- Solid commitment to client and associate/employee service
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proven aptitude to work productively in both a team and individual environment
- Ability to think and plan strategically and conceptually, yet execute tactically
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Browsers, and email functions required
- Quality Work
- Interactive Communication
- Relationship Building
- Writing Skills
- Industry Power
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Judgement
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.