Growth Gurus, is an award-winning, full-funnel digital and creative agency providing intelligent ad solutions that grow disruptor brands into enterprise market leaders. We help our clients design for the future while evolving their existing businesses with our agency’s winning combination of expert media buying, creative and talent. We help deliver scalable marketing solutions for clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including retail, e-commerce, luxury, nonprofit, technology, sports, publishing, and financial services.
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial and experienced Content Marketing Manager who is excited to build the Growth Gurus brand voice and content roadmap. You’ll report to our CEO and play a critical role in developing the content function within our growing marketing team.
You’ll bring an intrinsic passion for writing and the ability to influence behaviors and perceptions through storytelling. If you bring knowledge of marketing technology platforms like Klaviyo, Justuno, Yotpo, and Shopify, with an understanding of customer acquisition, retention, and growth for e-commerce brands it would be advantageous.
- As our sole Content Marketer, you’ll have the opportunity to create our content marketing function from scratch, establish our production processes, expand our freelance and guest writing network, and own our content roadmap.
- You’ll produce across a variety of content formats, from blog posts to eBooks, webinar content to sales collateral, one-sheets, presentation decks and video scripts - meaning each day will look a little different but will expose you to a suite of unique mediums and platforms.
- Responsible for crafting thought leadership pieces and strategizing content to drive the Growth Gurus brand awareness, grow our audience, and move potential clients along the decision journey.
- You’ll oversee the impact of our content and its influence on our sales pipeline, working closely with our team to craft your ongoing strategy and roadmap based on revenue and analytics insights.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with internal partners across Sales and Client Success to listen, ideate and ensure we’re creating meaningful content that’s timely and relevant to our buyers.
- Manage email marketing campaigns to nurture sales qualified leads through the funnel
- Oversee content and performance across multiple channels – Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, Email, and Web
- Analyze and measure keyword research, email analytics and monthly content performance to inform future content creation or improvements.
- Project management of editorial calendar and organization workflows to coordinate marketing efforts between multiple teams, departments and people (internal as well as external freelancers).
Who we’re looking for
- Natural storyteller: you bring an authentic, engaging voice to the table and have the ability to effectively communicate without using jargon.
- Your purpose here on earth is to redefine the way the world tells stories. You’re ready to make your mark by writing the story to be told with a company that’s not afraid to break the rules.
- You’re human-centered to the core. You truly understand people and are fueled to deliver content tailored to suit their needs.
- Detail-oriented and organized: you’re able to spot a typo from a mile away and keep an organized house with regards to how you manage your tasks, projects, and communication plans.
- Confident communicator: you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback and are excited to grow through your own experiences (whether big wins, mistakes, or failures). You’re comfortable standing behind your writing decisions with a variety of stakeholders.
- Accountable: able to exhibit extreme ownership of your work and proactively use data to understand what’s working and what isn’t within your content strategy. You’re able to digest data and turn insights into a plan of action.
- You’re up for the challenge: When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Growth-mindset: you’re naturally curious, a continuous learner, and disciplined in making time to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to content marketing tools and best practices.
The experience you’ll bring
- 2-3 years of content marketing and/or editorial experience, with experience working in B2B or SaaS, preferably at a Series A or later stage startup company.
- Familiarity and experience in the e-Commerce space is a must
- Video content and production experience a plus
- BA/BS in Marketing, Journalism, Creative Writing, or related discipline.