Content Operations Manager
Learning Services Team | Santa Clara, CA
Chegg is looking for a content operations manager to play a critical role in the identification, development, management, and analysis of various Chegg products and services. The ideal candidate will have a background in large-scale educational content development or EdTech. This role requires strong project management capabilities and ability to make data-driven decisions, experience in collaborating with global teams, and great communication skills, along with the high motivation to achieve results. This is a great opportunity to have a significant impact and to help millions of students.
- Define requirements and support roadmap prioritization decisions for all matters regarding content development
- Define requirements and support roadmap prioritization decisions for all matters regarding assessment and proficiency content
- Build and drive strategies around process optimization and team infrastructure to effectively support the organization’s needs at scale
- Steer teams, forecast requirements, analyze variances, and constantly realign teams to core business objectives
- Identify and monitor operational KPIs
- Serve as solution architect for any programmatic blockers
- Scale, collaborate and monitor various content creation channels (full-time employees, partner vendor firms and individual contractors) with regards to throughput and content quality
- Run ad hoc analyses to examine content performance and operational efficiency
- Measure content performance and adjust content lifecycle using insights
- Collaborate with PMs and Business leads to align content requirements, delivery, and performance to team KPIs
- Balance goal achievement against team management to effectively sustain forward progress
- Efficiently prioritize competing tasks according to impactful business objectives
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to content logistics and moderation that contribute to Chegg’s long-term vision
- 7-10 years content management experience or relevant experience
- Prior experience managing large operations projects and teams
- Ability to execute on large-scale operating strategy
- Track record of data-driven management decision making
- Strong attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of leadership
- Flexible and adaptive mindset
- Strong business acumen and analytic skills
- Advanced computer proficiency skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer