Turn/River Capital is technology focused private equity firm with $700M under management. We are data-driven growth experts. Our strategy is to combine capital with results-oriented marketing, sales optimization and operational execution to drive companies to triple their growth on self-generated cash flow. We are analytically driven, curious by nature, and always looking for the next experiment to drive improvement.
We are seeking a content writer and strategist to join our growing team. In this role you’ll create medium to long-form content to drive customer engagement, brand narrative, and increase Turn/River's brand and software community awareness.
Most content and resources available today focus on venture-backed startups in Silicon Valley. Instead, our target audience are bootstrapped, profitable software companies all over the US and overseas. These healthy, sustainable businesses lack a single place to learn more about ways they can grow without raising a lot of money from venture capital. Turn/River’s on-staff operations experts including the ex-head of SEO from Zendesk, ex-head of customer success at Atlassian, and ex-head of vertical enterprise marketing at LinkedIn are constantly creating new growth playbooks and we seek a content writer to help us translate these insights and processes into engaging longform content that draws prospective software company CEOs to engage with Turn/River.
This is a unique opportunity to help define the brand voice and write engaging content that will define an entire community of software leaders.
- Create compelling on-brand content to effectively drive growth through website, blog, white papers, and sales materials.
- Brainstorm, concept and collaborate with Turn/River and its companies to develop the best stories, backed up by data, of the ways in which Turn/River has helped its companies grow through process changes in Sales, Marketing and Customer Success.
- Create content calendars that are driven by compelling content and driving results.
- Collaborate with Turn/River stakeholders on project needs, deliverables and timelines to document and research playbook and case study details.
- Translate existing video and presentation content into a variety of written pieces for the website and as marketing collateral.
- Bring a positive, inquisitive attitude to every assignment, recognizing it as an opportunity to build a brand and demonstrate your talents as a creative thinker.
- Freedom to explore content formats including video and email marketing.
More About You
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4+ years professional writing experience in a software company or an agency.
- Proven writing skills to tell stories with data in a variety of mediums, including long-form narratives.
- Eager, fast learner in matters of process and product technology.
- Ability to take initiative with assignments and independently find the answers needed to proceed with an assignment.
- Ability to think creatively and write creatively for tech and software industries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Zealous adherence to deadlines.
- Good sense of humor - we need to up our team average!