The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for working with business leaders to implement and sustain changes and improvements that enable Aldevron to achieve its goals.
- Help implement a business continuous improvement roadmap including a process for identification, evaluation; prioritization and execution of continuous improvement opportunities; work with leadership to deploy the plan, actively lead or champion the project execution, and secure tangible, sustained business results
- Lead specific high-impact improvement initiatives and track, measure, and report progress on those improvements
- Deliver practical, hands-on training in lean manufacturing methodology and tools
- Drive action across the Value Stream that eliminates waste and improves velocity within our business processes
- Work with leaders to implement and monitor the effectiveness of continuous improvement efforts
- Assess, coach, and provide constructive feedback to teams to strengthen lean competencies at the site
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through benchmarking world class lean manufacturing operations and personal technical training
- Lead the transformation to a visual factory through 5S deployment and daily management across the business including KPIs
- Drive improved “Root Cause Methodology” here at Aldevron and help create an Army of Problem Solvers
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methods such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Expert in a variety of Lean tools (value stream mapping, standard work, 5S, Kanban, DOE, Gemba walks, SMED, TPM, etc.) and leading Kaizen events
- Demonstrated record of achievement in team problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and training skills
- Demonstrated examples and verification of ability to influence and implement successful sustained change in organizations
- Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence and be comfortable presenting to all levels of employees and key customers.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software
- Ability to effectively partner across the organization through honest, consistent, and professional communication
- Ability to work with scientific personnel to troubleshoot scientific problems encountered by clients
- Speak and write fluently in English
- B.S. required, preferably in a technical or financial discipline
- Advanced (MS or MBA) degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Continuous Improvement roles in complex manufacturing environments is required
- Experience working within a regulated industry is preferred
- Six Sigma and/or Lean background is required
Join Us Today!
Join a team committed to making lives better. Aldevron provides high-quality plasmid DNA, proteins, enzymes, antibodies, and other biologics to help our partners achieve significant breakthroughs for a variety of life science applications.
If you would like to thank someone for referring you to this role, please apply at www.aldevron.com/careers, and include their first and last name as a referral source!
Aldevron is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, or protected veteran status among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description