- The safety and health of employees takes precedence over any other duties of this position. Under general supervision of the Operational Excellence Manager, this position is responsible for supporting Productivity/Process improvement on a divisional level. Conducts studies, implements processes and systems that increase engagement, lowers costs, and delivers year over year improvement. May be required to lead or support key GIM initiatives across divisions and regions. Ability to work closely with all levels of the plant and divisional management is paramount to the success of this position. The person in this position must be able to accomplish goals and objectives through the effective establishment and facilitation of cross functional teams. An understanding of performance systems is foundational for the success of this individual.
· Provides leadership for the Paper Division mills in productivity/process improvement strategies and manages the implementation of key initiatives. (i.e. SPS, Standard Work for Leaders, Budgeting Process, Six Sigma)
· Assist in leading, coaching, mentoring PE’s in projects, SPS, Budgeting and their own personal development.
· Works with OE Mgr, Technical Mgr, Regional Mgr and other PI Leaders to develop strategies to improve and create the tactical plan to achieve these strategies.
· Understands Losses and can analyze losses by mill, region, and division to decide which areas need particular focus. Can mentor others and create tactical plans to reduce losses.
· Oversees Budgeting for SPS process, including resource allocation, travel costs, process benefits, and individual achievement milestones.
· Assists in ensuring the Summer Intern process is effective and students are challenged with good projects.
· Utilizes Lean- Six Sigma, DMAIC, SWFL, SPS, TPM or other tools as needed to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in mills / plants.
· Utilizes Lean- Six Sigma, DMAIC, SWFL, SPS, TPM or other tools as needed to teach others on how to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in mills / plants.
· Demonstrates, and coaches others in effective Project Management skills.
· Manages multiple projects, and supports plant process improvement teams as needed.
· Works with plants/mills leaders and employees to establish standard work instructions and control plans, for respective projects and events, to ensure long-term sustainable improvements.
· Mentors and supports Lean-Six Sigma, DMAIC and TPM processes as needed.
· In conjunction with Group/Division/plant support teams, conducts/assists in Plant Assessments to identify improvement opportunities. Develops prioritized improvement action plans.
· Leverages manufacturing/process improvement best practices
· Supports development of strategies in specific manufacturing areas, and may be responsible to develop and lead tactical plans to achieve results in specific areas.
· Identifies actions, initiatives, and opportunities to grow and improve Productivity. Leads/supports key initiatives as needed.
· Identifies needs for specific skills training. Identifies trainer options, and may lead training as required.
· At least 2 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent.
· Performance System/TPM knowledge or hands on implementation experience
· Must be a self-starter, high energy, team player, process oriented and established success in leading projects.
· 75% Travel
Years Of Experience:
2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education:
4 Year Degree
This is a progression level position and is based on candidate qualifications and business needs.
Location is open due to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.