Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will lead the site’s continuous improvement initiatives designed to eliminate non-value added activities while improving operational excellence. This position ensures existing processes maintain a high level of performance while continuously reviewing and refining those processes. Will be responsible for the establishment of an operational excellence culture throughout all plant operations with emphasis on sustainable development.
- Managing CI Projects as assigned, typically within a local region or business unit.
- Performing gap analysis to identify deficiencies in business processes and programs, and recommending adjustments to programs and/or processes.
- Linking process deficiencies directly to bottom line impact.
- Leads cross-functional project teams formed to implement change and drive continuous improvement.
- Drives mixed model value stream implementation projects with a focus on continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Use appropriate problem solving tools to provide rapid improvement with sustainable results.
- Ensures adherence to standard processes for data collection, documentation and reporting.
- Plans budget and manages costs related to operational excellence initiatives.
- Directly supervises, trains and mentors full-time CI assigned resources.
- Building project plan to CI projects, including resources, timeline, critical paths, etc.
- Managing diverse CI strategies for transactional and/or manufacturing operations.
- Participating in operational continuous improvement reviews with Local and/or Regional Management.
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughputimprovement.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Project management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.